From Vicar Desk
Home > From Vicar Desk
The Lenten season commemorates the ministry, passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As we pass through this season, may our body, mind and spirit be transformed by the Spirit of God. May our mind be enlightened by His wisdom; our Bodies be healed through an encounter with Him; and our Spirits be renewed with His vision. Let us journey with God during this Lenten season and be rejuvenated by the word of God.
According to Pope Francis the following may be practiced in Lenten session
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
- Fast from worries and have trust in God.
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
I wish God’s blessings upon my St. Thomas Family members,
Sonu Varughese Achen